12.19.2012

Holiday Happy Hour - Guest Post by A Girl and Her Polish

I hope that you readers are loving these guest posts as much as I am. Today, Katee from A Girl and Her Polish is showing off one awesome Holiday mani for us. I am in numerous polish groups with Katee, she is super nice, friendly, and like she mentions below, we live close to each other, so that's very fun. One of the things that I think Katee is AMAZING at is stamping (and swatching, and freehand, etc, etc, the list goes on), and she is showing us some of the awesome work with her mani today :)

*****

Hello all you fabulous A Little Polish readers!!  I am so happy to be guesting on Stephanie's blog today! She is one of the sweetest ladies I know and it has been a real pleasure getting to know her!  Plus her nails are amazing!  I am also very jealous of her indie polish collection!  We live very close to each other, so I might just start showing up on her doorstep begging for polish! :)

Anyway..on to the design!

My Holiday design is inspired by the polish I used, Sonnetarium Peppermint Kiss.  I haven't even shared this on my blog yet, so you are getting an exclusive!



I decided to layer Peppermint Kiss over a white base, to cut down on the number of coats.  I went with 1 coat of Milani White on the Spot.


When I ordered this polish I thought it was in a white base, because I did not read the description.  I was very surprised to learn that the base is slightly tinted red, which looks pink.
I added 1 coat of Peppermint Kiss.




Seeing that we are talking peppermint, I decided to add a peppermint candy swirl.  I used Red Angel plate 110 and Milani Rapid Cherry.


And I topped it off with 2 coats of HK Girl.





I don't know about you but I sure do like some candy themed nails for Christmas! Just don't try and eat your fingers! :)
Thank you Stephanie for asking me to guest post! I had so much fun creating this design for you!
Happy Holidays Everyone!

*****

This is super cute and it really looks just like peppermints; don't you just LOVE Katee's stamping?! Thank you for sharing this super sweet mani with us Katee!



1 comment: