12.14.2013

The Nail Challenge Collaborative Presents - Inspired by Art - Week 2

Happy Saturday! It's a snowy Saturday in Pittsburgh and the US North East which unfortunately let me to cancel a trip to visit my friend Colleen and to see her new baby. :( Hopefully I will be able to make it out to see her within the next month.

For today's look I searched Pinterest for some artistic images (if you are having trouble finding inspiration, I highly recommend Pinterest; they have an entire Art category and I found a ton of ideas)

This is my art inspiration:


Source: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/10062799140915756/
And here is my nail art:





Polishes Used:
-OPI - My Boyfriend Scales Walls
-Acrylic Paints
-Hard Candy - Matte-ly In Love

This was the perfect inspiration as the watercolors in the original piece depict such a lovely winter scene. My first thought was to create this look overtop of a textured base, but that didn't work out so well, so then I decided that mattifying the look would work just as well to give a nice finish and I was really pleased with the outcome. As I mentioned before, my freehand skills are not that great but a simple look like this was perfect for me.


I love how my look represents the original artwork. I can't wait to see what the other ladies have in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment