1.21.2014

Twinsie Tuesday: Seasonal Gradient

I know I said it last week, but I am really happy to be part of this group of lovely ladies!

This week's Twinsie Tuesday theme is Seasonal Gradient. Seeing as it's currently winter, I ran with that and created a look based on the "Winter Blues". I definitely get the "blues" in winter; it gets dark early, it's cold, reeks havoc on your nails, skin, makes everything static-y, etc. Like I said, Winter Blues.





Polishes Used:
-OPI - My Boyfriend Scales Walls
-Essie - Borrowed and Blue
-Essie - Coat Azure
-Orly - Decoded
-Out The Door

For this look, I started with a base of My Boyfriend Scales Walls, which is one of my 3 favorite bases for all my nail art (for reference my other two are OPI Apline Snow, and OPI My Vampire is Buff). Once that was dry I used my sponge and did a gradient with MBSW, Borrowed and Blue, Coat Azure, and Decoded. Finally, I added polka dots in MBSW on all my nails and topped it all of with topcoat.

I really love this look and ended up wearing it for a whole day. (I know that sounds crazy, but on the weekends if I am not going out of town, I change up my manis a couple times a day to get prepared for the week with posts lined up, so wearing this for 24hours was a big deal lol) The look turned out exactly how I had envisioned in my head, and I love that!

Make sure to check out the other twinsie's manis!

Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Traci at DrinkCitra

No comments:

Post a Comment